Last Updated: July 22, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect your email address when you sign up to receive emails from us, and we collect your phone number if you sign up to receive text messages from us.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you, including via email and text message, about services, products and promotions offered by Rare Beauty or our partners and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent and illegal activities on our Services and protect the rights and property of Rare Beauty, other users of our Services, and our service providers and partners; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Rare Beauty or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Analytics Services Provided By Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Rare Beauty is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of certain of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from Rare Beauty by following the instructions in those in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about any ongoing business relations we may have.